Friday 14 January 2011

researching in to Leonard Da vin ic

I began to start


My tutor Jared taylor sergusted to research in to Leonard Da Vinic due the the cogs in the design of the windmill. 


When i was researching on youtube i found this brilliant documentary online entitled Doing da vinic 

Where team of highly skilled builder recreating Da vinic invention from his own drawing back 500 years ago.  This show you step by step  how they where built.    


Here the documentary



I have decision to recreate a mock up of the Da Vinic tank to help me better improve my modelling skills
to get ready for

I will try to re create it step by step from the documentary as best as i can.



stage one 
                                           here is a scene of the base of the tank

still from doing a vinic on some kind of cad system


                        i recreated this is maya by simple getting a pipe shape and scale it so it was very thin and    
                         got some cubes and scale them accordingly to the design













Step 2 making the weals  
Within the tank design the weals our quite large. 




Within building the weals i very simple go a pipe shape and make the hold of the pipe very small then inserted a lot of small cylinders around the weal




stage3 bulting a slots to hold the weal of the than







theses go on the side of the weal to support the weals and also allowing it to weals to move accordingly 



step 4 making the barrel gears. The barrel gear transfer the power from the crankshaft to the main weals



After that I started making the barrel gear. 
Within making this object I just got 2 cylinders and then flatten them to a and point. After that I got another cylinder and stretched it out and made it very thin tube  







I then combined the cylinders to the weals weals  ( I know these weals look different to the ones before the reason for this is that maya crashed. as a result of this i made new weal not realising that they where completely wrong.  it is documented that I changed theses correctly later on.)





    After that I place the weals in the base that I made earlier




I then placed the gears barrel 




I then started to model and lay out layout where the crankshafts is and





Still from Doing Da Vinic 

 I started to next model the top part of the windmill 







I started to make there top bady shell of the of the tanks what i did was to get a tube shape and then went on to face mode selected every other face and then extrude the out and scale them in woulds after.

















maya problems

For some reason when I combined the barrels gear to the crankshaft they don't move in correlation with each other. I ask a fellow colleague of mine Arran why this was doing it. He told me it was due to the anchor point







Here the weals

I suddenly realize i made mistake and put a different set of weal in the base with out realizing so i corrects this by change them accordingly.


I then started to make the support for the weals and the base of the tanks 


I then placed the barrel gear in to place in correlation to the weals








I then created the floor plane of the tank




i then put the weal hold shot in to place so the weal don't fall off.




 I then started to model the top part of the tank with


For the inside of the shell I needed to make more supports i did the same as i did with the outer shell



I made another tube and extrude every other shape






 I then stared to model some basic cannons




It consists of a cylinder a stretched sphere and a pipe shape smoothed.



I there place the cannons around the tank by putting the anchor point dead centre of the tank and simple just rotating it. 



I then cover the body with a hollowed out shell


                                     Here is a 360 of the tank so far.





I then stared to colour in the tank


I simple just assigned new materials to the abject and assigned it to a lambert.










tank

No comments: